Apr 15, 2010

To Be - Or Not To Be?

There are clubs for almost everything these days! Anything you're interested in or already do, there is some sort of club for you to become a member. In the old days there was the Masons Club for the men & the Eastern Stars for the women. . . . 

Now that we will be extending our family in the near future, some new decisions much be made.
Right now, my thoughts are to be in the"stay-at-home mom" club or to stay in the "I'm a working woman" club.
So, naturally I made a list comparing the pros & cons for each club.
Of course my 1st thought is how can I give up my income, insurance & adult interaction?
My 2nd thought is how can I give up teaching my children how to say their ABC's & see them take their
first step or hearing them say,"ma-ma & da-da"?
When we were 1st married, I had the privilege of being a housewife for about 4-6 months. There was nothing glamorous about the life we lived. We learned the value of a dollar & had to make every dollar count. We had to lean on each other -  we truly lived on love!
And some days we actually miss those days. Jared would go to work early in the morning, then I would be able to run errands, do some cleaning & have supper ready when he made it home. It was a very simple life. . . but it was right. Now, I wonder if we could go back to scrimping & saving for what we have.....or stay a working mom & juggle everything for my family. Could I do it? I don't know. Will I have to do it? I don't know that either. Could I win the Powerball? ....I could...maybe....someday....I hope.....

So, to be or not to be? That is the question........for today anyway.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment