Oct 26, 2010

Sweet Sentiments From an Angel

Yesterday, I was driving home (in a rush, needing to let the dogs out, needed to get supper started etc.)
and to my surprise, there was a cute gift bag on the front porch! Now, as I'm approaching the porch, the "CSI/Mentalist" side of me thinks, "ok, is this a bomb?" or when I pick the package up, will it put me in the a sniper's cross-arrows for a clean shot in my back.......but then I just picked it up, got in the house & examined the contents. I first looked for a card - I mean this is so fun & sweet - who could have done this? No card. 
So, I read the outside of the bag - it had the sweetest poem. 
The whole thing just made me stop & think - this is what it said:

Just think, 
you're here not by chance,
but by God's choosing.
His hand formed you
and made you the person you are.
He compares you to no one else-
you are one of a kind.
You lack nothing
that His grace can't give you.
He has allowed you to be here
at this time in history
to fulfill His special purpose
for this generation.
~Roy Lessin

I stopped dead in my tracks - just stunned by what I had just read.
I live my life running and I have neglected to stop, be still & let peace come over me.
It's hard for me to just stop these days & smell the roses... after Tara passed, I feel like I can't stop & be still because then I will think about her & our whole lifetime of memories - I get overwhelmed & I can't control my tears. I feel like if I keep pushing & running, then I wont have time to be sad - but then if I stop then I wont be able to get out of bed. I know we all have something in our life that is troubling - but am I the only one that feels this way? Can I find comfort in the sorrow - so I can heal from this hurt?

So, whoever my angel is that dropped the gift off yesterday - thank you.
I finally stopped. I stood still & cried for my friend and I cried for myself.
This makes me more aware that I might need to be an angel for somebody else.


No comments:

Post a Comment