Jul 21, 2010

Babies & Beyond

So, I've been looking at kids that are in foster care for over a year. I fall in love over & over with the little ones that just want a mommy & daddy. There is a news channel out of Little Rock that actually shows videos of some of the children in Arkansas that needs a place to call home. So many people only want newborns, which I totally get for sooo many reasons, and the older kids are so much harder to place because they have a history & siblings. I have to admit that I am smitten with a sibling group of 6...... I know what you're thinking. I have no business with 6 children, but they are so precious & they love each other so much. The children got to go play together for a day and they were having so much fun - because they live in 6 different foster homes. The youngest is 2 & has been in foster care his whole life. I understand that there are so many risks when getting children over the age of 4 or getting sibling groups - but my heart aches for any child that doesn't have a bedroom of their own, their own yard to play "cops & robbers", or a dog for them & them alone. 

I am just one of those people that would take any of those kids into my home & just "make it work" because everyone deserves a forever home & a family that loves them.





No comments:

Post a Comment