Jul 27, 2010

Free As She'll Ever Be

If I could go back in time - I would go back exactly one year ago today & plead with Tara not to go into work early. Not today. Who knew she would fall asleep, who knew a semi would end her fate, who knew she would meet Jesus on this day.  I have so many "what ifs" and "I don't understands" - I know that everything works for the good of those who love the Lord, but I have so many unanswered questions. 

In deed, I understand the meaning of  "a friend being closer than a brother" .
Because in my life - there has been ONE.. .. . and her name was Tara Nicole Goolsby. 
Nobody really understands why I'm not over her death, they think by now it's old news, that I should get over it. But she was my bestie from the time I was born - we went through everything together. She was one of the only people that truly believed in my dreams as much, or more, than I did.  We were truly sisterly soul mates.

I am so afraid to get older without her here with me. I'm afraid of forgetting....her.
So, I'm going to list things that describe her - so that one day, when I can't remember - I wont be able to forget.

Tara is:
Loving, kind, full of life, cheerful, head-strong, loyal, witty, reliable, hard-working, gentle, influential, silly, trusting, comforting, charming, honest, unselfish, thoughtful, understanding, focused, helpful, easy going, good listener, encouraging, genuine and beautiful.


Now you are free as an eagle ~ Free as you'll ever be
Rest In Peace, Doll
~L






2 comments: